Bluebonnets – March 15
The flowers are blooming, though a little later than they’ve been the last couple of years. Bluebonnets are sprinkled nicely along highways and county roads and there are some good sized patches in town that are available for safe viewing. Here is a list of known wildflowers for your driving pleasure – bluebonnets, Indian paintbrush and more.
- Hwy 290 East and West outside of Brenham and around town
- FM 1155 to 2193 north of Chappell Hill, and FM 1155 beyond to Washington on the Brazos
- FM 2447 and Hwy 290 at First Baptist Church of Chappell Hill (see note below)
- Hwy 105 east to Washington on the Brazos
- Washington on the Brazos – ask the park staff where to find flowers
- Wood Ridge Blvd in Brenham
- Industrial Blvd in Brenham
- Old Independence Rd from Brenham to Independence
- Old Baylor Park in Independence
First Baptist Church of Chappell Hill on FM 2447/Hwy 290 East will be open to the public for photos in the bluebonnets, and they’ve even rented a port-o-potty for visitors to use. Please note that they will be reserving their parking lot on Sunday mornings for members to attend services.
Ant Street Inn reports the area behind their courtyard looks very promising for a good crop this year. Check this area around the end of March.
PLEASE: obey traffic laws, don’t cross fences onto private property, and look out for snakes & ants!
Stay tuned here and on Facebook for updates in the coming weeks!
P.S. Photo above was taken 3/15/18 at FBC in Chappell Hill.