Bluebonnets – April 4
Updated April 4
The report is the same, except the bluebonnets have peaked, or are at peak right now,
Here’s an updated highlighted MAP to help you along the way, and below are named roads to travel on.
The safe viewing areas with kids have full bluebonnets in large amounts for being IN Brenham. Really great photo opps!
- FM 2447 and Hwy 290 at First Baptist Church of Chappell Hill (see note below)
- Wood Ridge Blvd in Brenham (beside Home Depot)
- Industrial Blvd in Brenham (Industrial Blvd & Longwood)
- Along the road beyond Sealand Seafood & Steak in Brenham
- Chappell Hill Street in Brenham, between Market and Stringer Streets
- Old Baylor Park in Independence
- Washington on the Brazos
- Lake Somerville – Nails Creek & Birch Creek State Park areas
Good driving routes, not recommended for stopping…
- Hwy 290 East and West outside of Brenham and around town
- FM 390 from Burton to Independence (there are some areas to pull over)
- FM 1155
- Hwy 105
- FM 389
- FM 332
- FM 109
Driving routes on lower traffic roads with more opportunities to pull over. Most of these roads link together making a nice drive.
- Mustang Rd from Brenham to Old Chappell Hill Rd back to Brenham (it’s a beautiful, short drive that loops back to town)
- Old Independence Rd from Brenham to Independence
- FM 2935 to Old Independence Rd
- FM 2621
- Wauls Legion Rd
- Mt. Vernon Rd
- Cocks Crow Rd
- Adamek Rd
- Dogwood Rd
- Horak Rd
- Salem Rd
- FM 3456
- Wiedeville Rd
You can hardly drive anywhere in Washington County at this point and not find bluebonnets! There are several other kinds of wildflowers, probably close to ten total, that can also be enjoyed. Can you find them?
First Baptist Church of Chappell Hill on FM 2447/Hwy 290 East is open to the public for photos in the bluebonnets. Please note that they will be reserving their parking lot on Sunday mornings for members to attend services.
PLEASE: obey traffic laws, don’t cross fences onto private property, and look out for snakes & ants!
Enter your best photos in the Spring Flowers Photo Contest to win $50 off your next getaway to Brenham!