There is plenty of lodging in Brenham and Washington County.
- Choose a B&B with hosts who serve a gourmet breakfast to start the day off right. Brenham House and Far View are two great choices.
- In between meals, go wine tasting! There are four wineries – you can visit one or two a day. Brenham also has a great little brewery, Brazos Valley Brewery, plus the largest selection of Texas craft beers in the area at Home Sweet Farm.
- #Adventure290 scavenger hunt will lead you to places with yummy treats all around.
- Dinner at Brazos Belle in Burton or Volare in Brenham
- Brunch at 96 West in Brenham
- Lunch at Royer’s Cafe in Round Top or Funky Art Cafe in Brenham
- BBQ at LJ’s BBQ, Nathan’s or Truth in Brenham
- Cupcakes and toffee at Bliss Candy Company
- Pie at Bevers Kitchen or Chappell Hill Bakery & Deli
- Ice cream at Blue Bell and gelato & fudge at Yumm! Sweets & Eats
- Chocolates at Jet Set Chocolates
DAY BY DAY
Wake to the smell of a gourmet breakfast being prepared for you, then indulge.
A little shopping and exploring might be a good idea. Or more wine? How about a scavenger hunt along Highway 290 to enjoy the scenery? You could do it all!
If lines aren’t your thing, but BBQ is, go to LJ’s. They’re open Wed-Sat and usually don’t have a line until noon. Again, it’s well worth the wait though, IF you have to wait. Really worth it.
Dinner – Brazos Belle, open Fri & Sat evening, cash only.
Another wonderful breakfast awaits. This is what a getaway should always be like!
Whatever you choose to do today, make sure to find pie and ice cream. The best around is right here in Brenham and should not be missed. There are really excellent kolaches, too.