Getaways » Family Fun
Bring the kids with you and enjoy a weekend full of family fun. There are plenty of various activities to keep your family busy!
- Reserve a room at one of the hotels or motels in Brenham. We have a variety of lodging to fit your individual comfort and budget levels.
- Rent a house or a cabin for your family among the green, rolling hills of Washington County.
- Tour Blue Bell Creameries, of course! No trip to Brenham is ever complete without a visit to Blue Bell! Tour the Visitor Center, shop in the Country Store and get a big scoop of ice cream in the Parlor for $1. Open Mon-Fri 8-5 and Sat 10-4.
- March-October kids can ride Brenham’s antique carousel at Fireman’s Park. Admission is $1 for each rider, good for all day!
- Go roller skating at Silver Wings.
- Get in touch with your inner child while playing arcade games and whizzing around the go-cart track with your kids at Horseshoe Junction. They also have laser tag, mini golf, a climbing wall, and water bumper cars. Family fun at its finest!
- Pet and feed alpacas. These soft animals love company of all ages at Peeka Ranch Alpaca Farm.
- Go swimming at the Blue Bell Aquatic Center. They two indoor pools including a lap pool and a therapy pool and one outdoor leisure pool with a big slide!
- Go geocaching! This relatively free activity combines technology and the outdoors to provide hours of “scavenger hunt” like fun.
- The Texas Cotton Gin Museum in Burton is not only a fun experience for all ages, but also a great learning experience!
- Washington-on-the-Brazos is a living history lesson about 20 minutes east of Brenham. With three areas to the site, your family will enjoy exploring the grounds, museum, and farm, and seeing firsthand where Texas was birthed.
- Ever milked a cow? You can do just that if you visit Jersey Barnyard, a working dairy farm about 40 minutes from Brenham.
- There are many dining options in Brenham for all members of your family’s taste buds. What are you hungry for? American, Mexican, Italian, sandwiches, pizza, BBQ, ice cream? We’ve got you covered.
- Nothing says family fun like a picnic! Get some sandwiches from Subway (or fixins at the grocery store) and head out to one of many parks in Brenham to enjoy playgrounds and lunch under the big shade trees. Or take your lunch out to Washington-on-the-Brazos and eat at their picnic area. Or on Windmill Hill in Independence on the grounds of the original Baylor University.