Getaways » Girls Getaway
Typically, girls love to shop, right? But we know that’s not ALL that girls like to do, especially when they get together for a few days of fun! Here are some ideas for spending a weekend, or a week, with us and your girlfriends.
- There are plenty of lodging options in Brenham and Washington County. Hotels, motels, B&Bs, cabins, and luxury resorts.
- Each lady can have their own private Victorian-style room at the Ant Street Inn or Main Street house, just steps away from Downtown Brenham shopping and dining.
- Rent a house, cottage, or cabin in the country for late nights playing games, chatting, and laughing over margaritas or a bottle of local wine.
- Shopping in Downtown Brenham, of course! We have a variety of shops to choose from – Boutiques of women’s clothing and jewelry, antiques, unique gifts, books, and much more!
- Wine tasting at four local wineries – Saddlehorn Winery, Windy Winery, Texas Star Winery, and Pleasant Hill Winery would all love to introduce you to their delicious wines. Besides tasting, you can take a tour, shop in their gift shops, and relax on their decks while sharing a cheese board and a bottle of your favorite vintage.
- Relax and rejuvenate at the spa! Thyme Day Spa offers many indulging services such as massages, body therapy, and hand & nail care.
- Take a tour of the historic Giddings Stone Mansion and Giddings-Wilkin House, two of the oldest homes in Brenham. Both of these are listed on the National Register of Historic Places and are full of 19th century Greek Revival architecture.
- Attend a theatrical, musical, or choral performance. Brenham offers three options for live performances and Round Top Festival Institute is just down the road!
- Visit some of our lovely attractions geared toward the outer you – the Antique Rose Emporium, Martha’s Bloomers in Navasota, and the Chappell Hill Lavender Farm!
Whatever you fancy, we’ve got you covered. There are many restaurants scattered throughout Brenham and Washington County.
- The Funky Art Cafe is an eclectic little eatery complete with funky art by local artists and a vast delectable menu featuring salads, soups, sandwiches, and desserts.
- Brenham Grill is a family-run restaurant located inside the Ant Street Inn and features full fare meals of American, Italian, and Mexican cuisine, as well as breakfast on the weekends.
- Volare Italian Restaurant will tempt you with delicious, authentic recipes and an extensive wine list. A great way to end your getaway!
- The Cafe at Martha’s Bloomers in Navasota has a delightful tea room just waiting for you! Plus, they have a lovely boutique to shop in and gardens full of beautiful plants and flowers.