Getaways » Wine and Dine Getaway
Some people like to wine and dine their way through their vacations and we applaud that! Brenham and Washington County has four wineries and many delicious restaurants to help you vacation in style.
- Reserve a private Victorian-style room at the Ant Street Inn in the heart of historic Downtown Brenham.
- Rent a house, cottage, or cabin in the country for ultimate relaxation while ending the day with your favorite bottle of local wine.
- Splurge! The Inn at Dos Brisas is the ultimate way to Wine & Dine in Washington County. Your own private hacienda and five-star dining awaits.
- Wine tasting at our four local wineries – Saddlehorn Winery, Windy Winery, Pleasant Hill Winery and Texas Star Winery would all love to introduce you to their delicious wines. Besides tasting, you can take a tour, shop in their gift shops, and relax on their decks while sharing a cheese board and a bottle of your favorite vintage.
- Plan your stay around our Uptown Swirl In January & Summer Swirl in June. We invite everyone to join us in Downtown Brenham to swirl and shop their way though town. You will have a chance to taste over 40 different wines and take home a commemorative glass.
- Come stomp the grapes, just like Lucy & Ethel! Two of the local wineries have grape stomps for the public to come experience wine making first hand. Late July and early August weekends are “Crush for Fun” and “Harvest Grape Stomp” held at Pleasant Hill Winery and Windy Winery.
- Go shopping, even if just window shopping, in Downtown Brenham and Round Top. Cute shops of all kinds, art, history, museums, and of course great little eateries, await you.
- Brenham Grill, Yumm! Eats, Ninety Six West, and BT Longhorn all serve great food and wine in historic Downtown Brenham.
- Volare Italian Restaurant will tempt you with delicious, authentic recipes and an extensive wine list.
- Brazos Belle is a true Country-French restaurant in Burton.
- Inn at Dos Brisas will delight your taste buds. The only Forbes 5-star restaurant in Texas, a wine cellar featuring over 7,000 selections, and personalized menus are just the beginning of the royal treatment you will receive.