Brenham Photo Contest – 2017
Free and open to the public, this photo contest is an opportunity for our visitors from near and far, as well as local community members, to showcase their photographs of Brenham & Washington County, Texas.
Participants are encouraged to capture the city of Brenham, Texas, (and/or its surroundings) in a personal, reflective way to reveal the personality of the town through their eyes. Brenham has wonderful history, and Washington County is filled with beautiful scenery – one can easily find plenty to capture with a camera!
Entrants have the chance to win one of the following cash prizes.
- First Prize: $250
- Second Prize: $50
- Third Prize: $50
Plus, each winning photo is eligible to be enlarged and proudly displayed in the window of the Visitor Center and/or made into a postcard or greeting card!
See complete Contest Rules below before entering your photos.
SUBMIT YOUR PHOTO:
Photos submitted must be approved prior to appearing in the photo gallery below. Entrants will be notified by email when their photos are approved.
Online voting will open January 2, 2018!
- Entries will be accepted through December 31, 2017. An online entry form and upload functionality will be available during the period of the contest. Online voting will be open January 2-31, 2018. All public is invited to vote for as many photographs as they wish, but only one vote per photo.
- The Photo Contest is free and open to everyone except Contest Judges and Brenham/Washington County Chamber-CVB staff.
- VisitBrenhamTexas.com website public will vote on photographs to help determine the winner. Five photographs with the most votes will go to the Contest Judges for final judging of the three winning photographs. Brenham/Washington County Chamber-CVB staff will determine which photograph(s) will be displayed at the Visitor Center and which, if any, will be made into a postcard.
- Entry in the contest grants the Brenham/Washington County Chamber-CVB license to use any entered photographs, with credit, for promotional purposes related to the Brenham & Washington County, Texas.
- Photographs taken within Brenham, Texas are preferred but not limited to city limits. Surrounding area photographs are also welcomed, as long as they were taken within Washington County, Texas.
- Submitted photographs must be the work of the entrant, and not previously entered in a Brenham Photo Contest. By entering the contest, you legally attest that the entered images are your own work. Any plagiarism will be considered fraud against the Brenham/Washington County Chamber-CVB, and may incur legal action.
- Participants are encouraged to share this URL on social media, websites & blogs to encourage the public to vote for their photos.
- The contest administrators reserve the right to reject any entry for inappropriate content, or images not meeting the Photo Contest Rules.
- Entries may be in color or black & white. Photo collages, composites, or photographs with text overlays will not be considered.
- Entries should be in jpeg format. Recommended image size: 8 x 10” at 300ppi (approximately 2400 x 3000 pixels), or larger (NOTE: 8 x 10″ is not a required format; the images can be any shape, but should be submitted with proper orientation – photos should be rotated prior to submission). Minimum image size to enter: 8 x 10” at 72ppi (approximately 576 x 800 pixels).
- Participants are limited to five (5) entries only. If more than five photographs are submitted, the first five will be entered into the contest, and the others discarded.
- Contest photos in the online gallery are presented for voting purposes during the contest and promotion afterward. Brenham/Washington County Chamber-CVB may request model release forms if any photo with a recognizable likeness is considered to be used in promotional materials.
- If the judges determine that no submitted photograph is of sufficient quality to award one or more of the advertised prizes, those prizes will not be awarded.
- Any questions about the contest should be directed to email@example.com.