Spring Flowers Photo Contest – 2018
Free and open to the public, this photo contest is an opportunity for our visitors from near and far, as well as local community members, to showcase their spring flower photographs taken in Brenham & Washington County, Texas.
Winning Categories: Best Close Up, Best Landscape, Best Animal, Viewers Choice
Photos can be of any wildflower(s), and any animal among wildflowers. Participants are encouraged to capture photos that focus on the flowers, nature and natural beauty of Washington County (no humans in these photos, please). All photos must be taken within Washington County and a specified location must be shared with each submission.
Online submissions will be accepted March 16-April 30. Online voting will take place May 1-8 and winners will be announced May 11.
Winners will receive $50 towards their lodging of choice on their next Brenham getaway.
See below for complete rules.
SUBMIT YOUR PHOTOS:
Spring Flowers 2018 Photo Contest Rules:
- Online entries will be accepted March 15-April 30, 2018. An online entry form and upload functionality will be available during the period of the contest. Online voting will be open on May 1-8, 2018.
- The Photo Contest is free and open to everyone except Contest Judges and Brenham/Washington County Chamber-CVB staff.
- Judges will determine three winners, one from each category – Best Close Up, Best Landscape, and Best Animal.
- All photographs may include any wildflower found in Washington County and any animal among those wildflowers. Photographs with people will not be accepted.
- VisitBrenhamTexas.com website public will vote on photos submitted to determine the Viewer’s Choice winner May 1-8, 2018.
- Participants are limited to three (3) entries total. If more than three photographs are submitted, the first three will be entered into the contest, and the others discarded.
- Entry in the contest grants the Brenham/Washington County Chamber-CVB license to use any entered photographs for promotional purposes related to Brenham & Washington County, Texas. Credit will be given when possible.
- All photo submissions must be taken within Washington County in 2018.
- Entries to previous contests will not be accepted.
- Entrants must include location information when submitting their photos online.
- Submitted photographs must be the work of the entrant. By entering the contest, you legally attest that the entered images are your own work. Any plagiarism will be considered fraud against the Brenham/Washington County Chamber-CVB, and may incur legal action.
- Entrants are encouraged to share the contest website link on social media, websites & blogs to encourage the public to vote for their photos.
- The contest administrators reserve the right to reject any entry for inappropriate content, or not approve any entries that do not meet the contest rules.
- All entries must be in full color.
- Photo collages, composites, or photographs with text overlays/watermarks will not be accepted.
- Any photo that has been altered with photo editing software may not be accepted. This includes filters, adding or removing objects and other major enhancements.
- Entries should be in jpeg format. Recommended image size: 8 x 10” at 300ppi (approximately 2400 x 3000 pixels), or larger (NOTE: 8 x 10″ is not a required format; the images can be any shape). Minimum image size to enter: 8 x 10” at 72ppi (approximately 576 x 800 pixels).
- Contest photos in the online gallery are presented for voting purposes during the contest and promotion afterward. Brenham/Washington County Chamber-CVB may request model release forms if any photo with a recognizable likeness is considered to be used in promotional materials.
- If the judges determine that no submitted photograph is of sufficient quality to award one or more of the advertised prizes, those prizes will not be awarded.
- Winners will receive a gift certificate in the amount of $50 to be applied to any Washington County lodging bill and is valid for one year.
- Any questions about the contest should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.