A three day getaway is easy to do in Brenham with comfortable lodging and fun attractions, four wineries and unique shops. Depending on the days of the week you visit, you’ll find plenty to keep you busy, or peace and quiet to help you relax – whatever you desire!
DAY BY DAY
- Start your getaway with a little shopping and lunching in Downtown Brenham.
- Check out the murals and galleries – Brenham Art Walk.
- Learn about Brenham’s beginnings and cistern system at Toubin Park, just around the corner from great antiques shopping.
- Get a scoop of your favorite ice cream at Blue Bell Creameries.
- Dinner and a show – movie, live music, or a live performance at Unity Theatre.
- Get a big breakfast at Smitty’s Cafe or Santa Fe Cafe (cash only).
- Make your way to Washington on the Brazos and learn all about the start of Texas as a republic.
- After a late lunch in town, enjoy a wine tasting at one, two, or all four of Washington County’s wineries. Or if beer is more your style, visit Brazos Valley Brewery near Downtown Brenham.
- Play a round of miniature golf and laser tag at Horseshoe Junction after a tasty country dinner at K-Bob’s Steakhouse next door.
- Today can be a day for more history, more wine tasting, or more shopping – there’s still plenty to discover.
- Enjoy a scenic drive to enjoy the rolling hills of Washington County, or wildflowers, depending on the time of year.
- Eat some of the best BBQ you’ve ever eaten at LJ’s, Truth, or Nathan’s for lunch.
- Get a slice of pie at Must Be Heaven or a gourmet cupcake from Bliss Candy Co. for the road home.